Although some levels of government have partisan elections, the local elections such as Richfield Trustee are still non-partisan. The people who wrote and delivered the orange political flyer would like you to be confused and want to create, in Richfield, a political environment like that seen on the national scene.
Richfield Today wants to know, has elections for Village Trustee changed from non-partisan to partisan?
ANSWER: No. Then why use words conservative and liberal? Perhaps they want to create more non issue concerns for Richfield citizens, like No Sewer.
Richfield Today thinks the flyer was written by more than one person and the flyer cost was more than $25.00 to print and deliver. If so, according to WI Government Accountability Board guidelines, the writers need to be a PAC and state their name on the flyer. To impact any election or try to defeat any candidate they must be a PCA or they are in violation of election laws. Who is going to keep them honest?
Let play 20 questions.
1. Why not sign their names to the flyer?
2. Are they embarrassed?
3. Could their information be false?
4. Might they not want to answer for their comments?
5. Would answering questions be a problem if information was accurate?
6. Are they trying to fool you?
7. Are they suggesting you are fools with the quote about "to fool people......"?
8. Are they saying Bill Collins and Dan Neu have to try to convince you that the letter fooled you?
9. Is that quote about "fooled" the same one Bill Meyers used on another letter?
10. Was Bill Meyers a participant in writing the orange flyer?
11. Was Gil Frank a participant in writing the orange flyer?
12. Who wrote the orange flyer?
13. Why did they include Voss, Brandner and Jeffords on the orange flyer?
14. Are they planning more for next year's election?
15. Why do they want you to think Richfield Trustee election now is partisan?
16. If they think the Public Works Ordinance (PWO) exploits a loophole in State Law, why are they not trying to change that law?
17. So, if the PWO follows a legal state law, then the village is following the law?
18. Do you want village officials to follow the law?
19. Do you want to know who wrote and paid for the orange political flyer?
20. Who are you going to elect for Richfield Village Trustee?