205 Veterans Ave, West Bend
Lush floral displays. An artist marketplace. Horticultural superstars. They’re all part of this fantastic pre-holiday extravaganza.
Bloomin’ Floral Arrangements All Weekend | 10:00–5:00
Floral designers from Southeastern Wisconsin take over MOWA’s galleries with stunning floral arrangements.
Artist Marketplace Friday and Saturday | 10:00–5:00
Artwork of all mediums crafted by Wisconsin artists. Find the perfect holiday gift for friends, family, and even yourself.
Gather a bouquet of expert floral advice from an array of horticultural superstars! Check our website for demonstration times and special event details. Seating will be limited, so arrive early.
- The Art of Roses with Erika Petterson | 11:00
Erika Petterson has been growing roses for almost a decade. Her garden boasts 50 varieties ranging from Old Garden to modern Floribundas. Petterson will offer advice on growing roses and will debunk the notion that these flowers are high maintenance and difficult to grow.
Birds and Art with Ralph Olsen | 12:30
- Ralph Olsen, bird expert extraordinaire, has been mastering his bird-watching skills since the age of three. His passion for birds was passed down by his mother, who was a kindergarten teacher. Join Olsen in an uplifting discussion in front of Tom Uttech’s painting, “Minwabadam “.
Floral Tour | 1:30
- Associate Curator Erika Petterson will lead tours of the bouquets, discussing the language of flowers that developed du the Victorian era.
Nature’s Own Seasonal Splendor with Zannah Crowe | 2:00
- Join Zannah Crowe, of Monches Farm, and learn how to create a holiday arrangement using fresh seasonal greens, berries, and pods. Crowe will demonstrate how nature’s resources are often the very best inspiration.
- Floral Tour | 10:30
Associate Curator Erika Petterson will lead tours of the bouquets, discussing the language of flowers that developed during the Victorian era.
Painting Florals with Jeanne Nikolai Olivieri | 11:00
- Jeanne Nikolai Olivieri, an established Wisconsin watercolor artist, will demonstrate a variety of techniques for painting florals. A series of small paintings will be created using watercolors, ink, and other materials, teaching artists of any level new ways to explore nature’s colorful gifts.
Field to Table with Victoria Vonier | 12:30
- Join Victoria Vonier, Private Gardener for Half Bridge Farm, as she teaches attendees how to make an arrangement of fresh flowers, field harvested elements, seed pods, berries, and bittersweet.
Container Gardens with Melinda Myers | 2:00
- Join Melinda Myers, former host of The Plant Doctor radio program, and learn how to create a container garden suited for a simple backyard, front entryway, or for the cook in your family. Start with the right container, potting mix, and top it off with an attractive mix of annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, or shrubs. Then provide the proper care for a good looking productive garden in a pot.
Group Tours Gather a group of friends and make it a bloomin’ party! Your group is invited to take part in a guided tour of the event’s fantastic floral arrangements accompanied by lunch or dinner at a West Bend restaurant. Contact Deb at 262.247.2278 for reservations and more information.