This Saturday and Sunday Pick Your Own on Sansa and Zestar!
In addition to having Honeycrisp in the store Saturday and Sunday, you can also enjoy Sansa, Ginger Gold, Paula Red, and Zestar!
Rim's Edge Orchard
w220N10540 Amy Belle Rd
Germantown, WI 53022
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup Rim's Edge Orchard honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili garlic sauce*
- ½ cup sunflower oil or other neutral flavored oil
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 6 ounces kale from a bag or bunch
- 2 medium apples, REO recommends Zestar! or Honeycrisp either will give this salad that extra zip!
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- For the salad dressing, combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake well.
- For the salad, remove any stems and tough ribs from the kale. Bunch the kale up on a cutting board and, with a sharp knife, cut into very thin ribbons. Cut through the ribbons crosswise to make small pieces of kale. Place kale in a medium size serving bowl.
- Core apples (don't peel) and dice into small pieces (about 1/3-1/2-inch size). Add apple to bowl with kale and toss.
- Drizzle salad with about 1/4 cup of the dressing. Toss to coat everything with the dressing. Taste and add more dressing if needed. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds and toss one more time. Serve extra dressing at the table.